One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, November 3, 2020

November CAS CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE: Non-traditonal colors


For our final challenge of the year at CAS CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE, Trina has an easy one to help you get to the finish line!  When it comes to traditional Christmas cards, she thinks of red and green.  So the challenge is to create any CAS Christmas cards other than red and green.  You can use red or green separately with other colours, just not together.  Hope to see you in the gallery!

I used the Catherine Pooler Winterhaven DIE Collection for the wreath that I cut from a piece in my stash.  I do believe it is colored with brushos, but not positive.  I think I will always remember how I do these backgrounds, then when it comes to using the piece many months later I can't remember!
Anyway, I thought it worked perfectly for Trina's non-tradtional colors on a Christmas card.
I decided to use purple as the primary color in this image, the "Blessings" is an SSS die.
 
We have a special guest with us this month, Vicky, you can find her HERE
so I hope you will go over the main challenge blog and she how she and the rest of the team has inspired you to make a card with non-traditional colors!




Heart Hugs, friends!



13 comments:

Susan said...

Beautiful colours - love the way the wreath goes through green, blue, purple, and mauve!

Barb Ghig said...

I was forgetting what I used too, and started writing notes to myself on the back of my inked panels :) This is such a pretty card, Colleen! I love your color palette and that you chose purple for the star of the show! Beautiful font on your sentiment, too! xx

Bonnie said...

I love these colors for your wreath, Col! The purple sentiment works beautifully!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful wreath, Colleen - just love how the colors flow one to another!!

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Colleen, love the mix of purple and soft blue and green. Love that transition of colours- great card.

Marcia Hill said...

Oooooooooh Colleen...this card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!! I thought you had ink blended the background before die cutting, but the Brusho's is SO pretty and just totally pops against the white background!! I'm in the same boat as you though when it comes to remembering how I did a background...really should just write it down on the back so I'll know! But anyway, lovely, lovely card my friend and all your tags are so pretty too! I just love this time of year!! Hugs. :0)

Loll said...

So pretty Col! LOVE the wreath cut from green/blue/purple inks. I know what you mean about not remembering how I made pieces in my stash. I always think ... "why didn't it write down on the back??!!". But I still forget to do that. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

I have the same problem too, Colleen! ;-) I try to put a post-it note with info on the back, but not every time...
This wreath card is so pretty! Love the soft Brusho colors! The color choice for the frame and sentiment is perfect. Purple puts everything together.
Hideko xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely die cut wreath with it's holly and mistletoe Colleen! Such a pretty mix of colors on it (I try to remember to write what supplies I used on the back of backgrounds that go in my stash - as I always forget as well!) The purple framing and sentiment gives great definition to your design! xx

Trina P. said...

You nailed the challenge! I love those colours and your wreath is beautiful. What an amazing Brusho background piece to die cut from for your wreath.

Vicky Hayes said...

Oh wow, your colours are so brilliant Colleen! I thought it was stencilled at first but then I read your post and it made me chuckle that you couldn't remember how you'd made the background. You are living in the moment! Thanks for the warm welcome this month :)
Vicky x

Linda said...

Love your non-traditional colored wreath, Col. So pretty.

Cathy said...

Gorgeous mix of colours Colleen and such a pretty design, love the purple mat and sentiment, Cathy x