One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, October 4, 2020

JUST US GIRLS # 556 "PLAID"

Happy Day friends!
Today I am playing along with Just Us Girls with a word prompt:  PLAID!

I pulled out Concord & 9th Plaid Background and decided to go with a fall color.
I inked up DOX Scattered Straw, then I cut out the center with a Hero Arts Infinity rectangle die.  
Darn, you can't see, but I stenciled clouds in the background, I know, very subtle for the photo to pic it up, but easily seen in person!  That was the MFT Micro Cloud Edges stencil, I am loving that one for the smaller spaces like this one!
Of course that adorable car and the pumpkins in the back seat are all from The Greetery:  Top Down Day and Top Down Autumn.
I have an aunt whose birthday is the end of the month and she will be 97, so I think she will get a kick out of this card.  Poor thing has been in isolation since March, she lives in a senior facility and they deliver all her meals to her room so she does visit others in the facility or eat in groups.  I think it finally opened up this last week and her son and DIL were able to visit her, with an 8 foot table between them.  The sad part...she called them at 1:30 AM because she didn't remember giving them a hug goodbye!  Of course she didn't remember it because it didn't happen, gosh darn our elderly need to be loved and touched and hugged.  But of course we all want to keep them safe as well!  
Just wish it weren't so hard to do it all!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



5 comments:

Brenda in IN said...

I love plaid and this is great. The yellow is so bright and cheery and will cheer you aunt up. This is so hard on loved ones in nursing homes and for some who don't understand what is going on. I'm sure they feel abandoned.

Bonnie said...

Love the colors and the plaid frame, Col! And that yellow bug is the bomb! I'm sure it will lift your aunt's spirits!

Loll said...

Sweet! LOVE the plaid frame for your adorable car filled with pumpkins, Colleen. So adorable and perfect for an autumn birthday. I bet your aunt will love this card! xx

Maria said...

Oh I love the yellow plaid, looks great! And that car is the perfect image. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Bobby said...

It breaks my heart to hear stories like those of your aunt, Colleen. I'm sure this darling card will lift her spirits. Thanks for sharing it with us at Just Us Girls.