One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 3, 2020

September CAS Christmas Card Challenge ~ A Christmas tree!

Welcome friends, I am so glad you are here today!
I am hosting the CAS Christmas Challenge this month and I am looking for a Christmas tree, now it can be decorated or not, but you all know the many different types of trees that definitely depict a Christmas tree...some with balls and boughs and others with snow and then some that are just green.
Just have fun and be sure to keep it clean and simple, lots of white space and then of course your tree!
Here I used a tree that I stamped and colored with copics, I masked it off so I could brush on some sky in the background and added a couple of snowflakes and some white dots from a gel pen which are hard to see in the picture.  This was super easy to mass produce and I made quite a few and had fun coloring them one day!
Please check out all the fabulous trees from our special guest Steph and from the other designers and then I will see you in the gallery!

Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Beautiful Copic coloring on your tree, Colleen! I also love how you added a touch of sky and a few flakes to your background! Thanks so much for a great prompt...I really enjoyed creating my cards for this challenge ~ Barb xx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun theme for September, Colleen! Just love your single Christmas tree - gorgeous coloring and I love the sky you created!!

Julia Aston said...

what a lovely tree with all of the lines on it's segments Colleen! So pretty with the two tones of green and the spots of snow!

Kim Heggins said...

Oh my....this is so beautiful! This is one gorgeous Christmas tree!

Loll said...

Such a beautiful design Col! Love the masked and sponged sky behind your gorgeous Christmas tree. Awesome challenge --- thanks so much! xx

Birgit said...

This is simply lovely Colleen!

Marcia Hill said...

What a great card Colleen and a fun challenge too (gave me a reason to use my new (to me!) stamp!). Your blended coloring is SO pretty and I love the way you masked this card to get your blue background...really makes the tree stand out and be the star! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Brenda in IN said...

This blending behind the tree looks beautiful. The tree speaks for itself and you colored it and shaded it so pretty.

Kara Lynne said...

Such a clean and beautiful card, Colleen! That tree is glowing with your beautiful ink blending!

Bonnie said...

This is such a pretty Christmas tree, Col! I love the bright green with the blue snowy sky! Great challenge, my friend!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Beautiful Copic coloring and sponging, Colleen! The shading and the white gel pen dots are so effective on this lovely card. Thank you so much for hosting this fun challenge!
Hideko xx

Linda said...

Great challenge Col and love your cute little tree, so beautifully colored.

Cathy said...

Beuatifully coloured tree Colleen and the masked background really helps it pop, gorgeous design, Cathy x

Christine Alexander said...

Great challenge Colleen. Love your tree and the masked sky CAS perfection :)

Trina P. said...

Such a cool tree image. Beautifully coloured and designed. The white gel pen details is a great finishing touch.