One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, September 26, 2019

Seize the Birthday ~ Geometric Shapes ~

We have another fun challenge over at the Seize the Birthday Card Challenge.
Tae Eun is our hostess this time and she thought it would be fun to have geometric shapes on our birthday card!  You would have thought I would make it a masculine one, which I should have done, but it turned out to be kind of girly...
...maybe if I didn't add the butterfly it could have been masculine!  *wink
I made a stencil from a PTI hexagon cover place, then I lightly stenciled on some aqua color, then I added some pieces to the shape for interest.  I added the sentiment using an ombre look with the same color.  So there you have it friends!
Please check out all the inspiration over at the blog and see what our party guest has for you as well as all our regular DT!
 I hope you will join us with a birthday card using any kind of geometric shape you have in your stash!  See you in the gallery!!

Heart Hugs, friends!



16 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is so pretty, Col! I love the color combo of the teal and yellow!

Loll said...

LOVE your stenciled hexagons with some using patterend paper. Such a great idea and makes a fabulous background, Colleen! Love the blue and yellow colours together! xx

Lindsey said...

The butterfly makes the card! Well, the butterfly and the fun hexagon background. There will always be another chance to make a masculine card. ;)

Barbara said...

It is so nice to see how everyone does the theme differently. This is awesome and a very nice design.

Brenda in IN said...

I think butterflies like men too so this is fine! Beautiful color combination and I like the ombre look.

Ela said...

I love the gradient and the butterfly is wonderful.
Hugs
Ela

Kara Lynne said...

Beautiful hexagons, Colleen! I love how you added the patterned paper, and the butterfly looks wonderful fluttering over the die cut words!

Nancy said...

Such a clever idea to make your own stencil. Love the softness of the ink and then the selected pops of color. Great card Colleen and I like the added butterfly!

Trina P. said...

I think the butterfly is great for both men and women. Beautiful hexagon background. Love the colours with the mix of pattern paper. x

Linda said...

Beautiful card, my friend. Your ombre sentiment looks fantastic.

JoAnn said...

Love how you made the stencil for your lovely hexagons and then paper pieced some them also. That ombre sentiment looks great. I think your lovely card is perfect for a guy or gal.

TaeEun said...

I love how you made the stencil and used the die cut hexagons as well to make the background!
I think it could be masculine :)! Surely there are men who love butterflies!

Cathy said...

Gorgeous ombre design Colleen, I LOVE the butterfly, it's perched perfectly, Cathy x

Ashwini Rao said...

Love that gorgeous background! The aqua color in ombre and the limited design paper usage - butterfly or not, its perfect to give to anyone!

Annie S. said...

Stunning background, Colleen! Love the added patterned paper to the beautiful blending!

Glenda J said...

Your background is amazing!!! I love how you put it together. The yellow butterfly is a great pop of contrast. Love this card.