One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, February 3, 2019

CAS Christmas February ~ PEACE

Welcome to another CAS Christmas Card Challenge!
I am your host this time and I would like to see the word: PEACE on your card.
 First I took a piece of white cardstock and sponged on some Distress Oxide Inks:  salty ocean, wilted violet and peacock feathers.  You can watch the video HERE to see how it is done, she calls it  Ink Lifted Backgrounds with a chamois.
The die was cut twice in black and once in gold it is a PTI die. the rest of the sentiment is from Wet Paint:  Holiday
I still had a strip left over and decided even though it is narrower piece, I could still use it but have my peace die be smaller.  This die is from PTI Wet Paint:  Holiday
The sequins are just random gold stars.  I did back the strip with the same gold as the die cut
 Friends, I hope you will play along with us this month and make a Christmas card with Peace on it and be sure it is clean and simple!
Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

very cool ink lift background Colleen, I'm going to have to try that. I love the subtle changes in colour and it's framed so wonderfully in gold :)

Linda said...

Great challenge, Col. Absolutely love your background. It is gorgeous with your gold Peace.

Bonnie said...

Beautiful background, Colleen! Love these colors and the pattern the chamois makes! The gold peace dies are so elegant! A wonderful challenge, my friend!

Susan said...

Gorgeous colours and a new-to-me technique for the background. Love the tiny stars and the way you did the sentiment.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two gorgeous peace cards, Colleen! Just love your wonderful sky panel - beautiful blending!! Thanks for the great theme and for having me as a guest designer!!

Papercraft Boutique said...

Both cards are so beautiful, Colleen!
The ink lifted panel is absolutely gorgeous. The color combo is beautiful and the pattern/visual texture made with your chamois is so pretty and ethereal. Love the way you changed the design a little according to the width of the ink-lifted panels.
Hideko xx

Lily Allen said...

You made an article that is interesting.
clipping path service

Loll said...

Two beautiful Peace cards Col! Love the colours of your blended background with the lifted pattern. This technique gives an etheral look to your blended panel. So pretty with the black and gold accents. xx

Birgit said...

Oooh, that background is gorgeous Colleen! What a stunning CAS card! The gold touches sets this card off perfectly.

Trina P. said...

Oh your DOx ink blended background is gorgeous, Colleen. Love the colours. Very cool technique. Brilliant way to use multiples of word dies... lord knows I have too many of that. Beautiful cards. xx

Darnell said...

This is really gorgeous, Col! I love the colors of your panel and how you backed it with gold to match your peace die cut! A very elegant card! Thinking of you and your family! Hugs, Darnell

Sharyn Polesel said...

Simply gorgeous, Colleen! The colors are really beautiful. Love the touches of gold...very elegant! I'm struggling to get my Valentines done and you are working on next Christmas. lol Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Sharyn

Julia Aston said...

Two lovely cards using that wonderful inked background you created - love the golden PEACE and black sentiment strip!

Darnell said...

That colored panel is divine, Col! I've bookmarked that video to check it out! Thank you for including it. I'd better put my thinking cap on for this challenge ... Hugs, Darnell xxoo

Clipping Solutions said...


Excellent tutorial for the beginner. You put a lots of time on it. I appreciate your effort. Thanks for the tutorial.
Car Image Editing service