One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, January 17, 2019

CAS Christmas: January Blue & Silver


Thanks for coming by for more inspiration from the team for the second half of the January 
Christine selected a beautiful color combo for this challenge:  Blue and Silver
I had a piece of InkaGold steelblue in my stash and used it for my sentiment die cut.
I love this angel die and decided to just emboss her rather than cut her out.
Serendipity:  Angel
Stamplorations: CUTplorations
Heidi Swapp:  Marquee Love silver glitter paper 

I know we just finished Christmas 2018 and it may be hard to think about Christmas again, but trust me when I say, come next December you will LOVE that you have a stash of Christmas cards already to address!  No last minute stamping and staying up late!

I look forward to seeing your card in the gallery!
Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Loll said...

So pretty Colleen!! Love the debossed angel in the background. Your inka gold blue ombre sentiment is so pretty. Love the addition of the silver glitter strips on the sides. xx

Linda said...

Love how you embossed your angel to showcase your sentiment. Beautiful card, friend.

Marcia Hill said...

CAS and just beautiful Colleen! I love the font of your die cut sentiment and what a great idea to just emboss the angel...soooooo pretty! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Colleen, the embossed background is gorgeous. I love the delicate impression.

Birgit said...

This is so pretty Colleen! Embossing the angel really keeps this card CAS. Just beautiful!

Brenda in IN said...

I love the embossed angel, Colleen and I believe you have angels all around your family now. The Inka Gold with blue is so beautiful and the silver sparkle adds elegance.

Susan said...

What a wonderful idea for using the blue and silver! The dry embossed angel is a great background for that beautiful sentiment.

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful!

Trina P. said...

So lovely, Colleen. Cool idea to emboss the angel in the background. Your sentiment is a standout against it. xx

Darnell said...

This is brilliant, Col! I clicked to enlarge to get the full effect of Gabriel in the background! And you are so right, Christmas '19 will be here before we know it!! Hugs, Darnell

Kara Lynne said...

Oh that embossed angel is magnificent behind the beautiful sentiment! Gorgeous Christmas card, Colleen!

Bonnie said...

I just realized I hadn't told you what a pretty card this is, Col! I love how you've embossed the pretty angel and the blue and silver Inka Gold makes a beautiful sentiment!