One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, October 25, 2018

Seize the Birthday with foliage!

Welcome to another Seize the Birthday Challenge!
We have a topping this time and it is FOLIAGE!


I used the Gina K Wreath Builder Stencils and made my fall foliage wreath with several different stamp sets.  I ran my kraft card base through a swiss dot CB folder but stopped near the bottom so I could score a couple of lines.
This is what I used to make this card:
PTI Twig Leaf
PTI Paper Clippings: thankful for you
PTI Autumn Hills (sentiment) 
Gina K Wreath Builder
Ink:  Kaleidacolor Autumn Leaves rainbow die ink pad
CPD: Tiara
WOS
I made another card just because it was so fun...this time I added a little stenciling to my leaves.
I used the same Kaleidacolor ink pad to ink of the maple leaves in variegated colors,  then with PTI Color Pop Autumn, I stamped the veins, and then using the stencil I sponged on the green.
I die cut two of the leaves and added them to the bottom after I had double scored the card base.
The sentiment is from the Gina K Wreath Builder set.
 
I hope you will play along with us for the foliage birthday cards!  Perfect time of year for that kind of birthday card!  See you in the gallery and be sure to check out the rest of the teams cards!

Heart Hugs, friends!



21 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

Lovely, lovely cards Colleen! Those blended leaves on both cards are SOOOO pretty!! And the wreath builder stencils are kinda addictive, aren't they?!! How is the knee doing? Are you able to bend it any further?? I hope things are going better for you my friend! Miss you! Hugs. :0)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Oh, Colleen, these are both so beautiful! Isn't the wreath builder fun to play with? My very favorite is the first one with the colorful leaves...so pretty! Hope you are doing well. Hugs, Sharyn

Maria said...

Both cards are gorgeous, Colleen! Wonderful placement of the beautiful leaves with lovely color! Hope you are feeling better with your knee, take care! Hugs!

Bonnie said...

Not one, but two beautiful autumn birthday cards! I love all the fall colored leaves! How cool that you can add veins to the leaves!

Patti said...

Two-mendous!! heeheehee that is like tremendous only different! Your cards are so pretty! I love seeing fall birthday cards because I have so many fall birthdays in my family : ) Your cards are always an inspiration!!

JoAnn said...

Beautiful autumn cards. Love the colorful leaves and the sentiment.

Loll said...

Two beautiful cards Col! I LOVE your autumn wreaths. The colours, the leaf images ... everything is perfect! I need to get one of those wreath builder sets! :) xx

Lindsey said...

Wow, I love these two cards!

Kim Heggins said...

two simply wonderful cards...love both of your fall wreaths, so beautiful. Love how you used that stencil, mine is still sitting the package, thank you for the beautiful inspiration!

Brenda in IN said...

Oh wow, these are beautiful. I love the colors you used for those leaves. I'm happy to see you in the craft room and hope things are better. Are you in the splint and is it working for you? Sending healing hugs for you.

Darnell said...

You've made two really spectacular fall wreath cards, Col! The colors are spot on!! Hope you are starting to feel better with the brace, although I know it will take some time. Keeping you in my thoughts! ❤Hugs, Darnell

Ashwini Rao said...

Oh, they are both so beautiful!! Sweet autumn colors with a wonderful combination with kraft - perfect autumn birthday cards!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous Fall wreaths!

Nancy said...

These are so fun and fabulous! I am really smitten for the second one! Still praying for you my dear! HUGS!!

Barbara said...

I knew that you were going to tell me that you used the wreath builder for this card. It is just amazing and I have just now started to use it. It is packed away now as we leave for our winter home, but when I get there, I promise that I will be making a great card like this one. Gorgeous!

Linda said...

Two fantastic cards, Col. Such pretty wreaths.

Greta said...

Love your wreaths, Colleen--especially the first one! So beautiful!

stampwithsandy said...

Colleen, your wreaths are gorgeous! I especially love all the intricate detail on the first one!

TaeEun said...

Both are lovely Fall birthday cards !!! Love the colors of the leaves and the little accents you added on the cards!

Marianne said...

There's always something special about stamped wreaths, and yours is so pretty with those beautiful autumn colours.

Glenda J said...

These are both so great! Stunning colours and fabulous details. Wonderful cards Colleen.