One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, July 19, 2018

Seize the Birthday ~ stripes

Don't you just love fuchsias hanging from baskets during the summer months?
I love this Avery Elle big fuchsia blossom and because the challenge topping over at Seize the Birthday this time is "STRIPES", I decided to use an SSS diagonal stripes stencil with CPD ink: sweet sixteen for my background.
I colored the flowers using copics.
Avery Elle:  Hummingbird
PTI: Noted Scalloped A2 die
PPP clear sequins
copics

Heart Hugs, friends!



13 comments:

Barbara said...

I do love fuchsias hanging so lovely over your delicate stripes. I wish I had thought of that. Your design is so pretty.

Darnell said...

Your fuchsias look as beautiful as real ones, Col, and I'm thrilled to be the proud owner of this sweet card! The scalloped frame and stripes work so well with the flowers! Thank you again!! Hugs, Darnell

Bonnie said...

Love those subtle stripes with the gorgeous fuchsias, Col! A pot of those hanging on the porch would be awesome!

Birgit said...

Your lovely colored fuchsias are stunning Colleen and I love the stripes in the background. Great blending on your colors. Have a happy weekend my friend!

Brenda in IN said...

You just blow me away with your coloring. This is so lovely and soft. The scalloped frame is beautiful to showcase the flowers.

Marcia Hill said...

BEAUTIFUL card Colleen! Your Fuschia's are colored and blended so beautifully and look FABULOUS over the stripes! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! :0)

stampwithsandy said...

Colleen I love your subtle use of stripes, and the fuchsias are gorgeous! So beautifully colored!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Lovely coloring with those soft colors!

JoAnn said...

So pretty. Great coloring of the fuschias and the striped background looks so delicate behind the pretty flowers.

Nancy said...

Love this card! It reminds me of all your beautiful flowers adorning your yard! I especially love the soft diagonal bit of color as your backdrop! Really lovely my dear friend! Heart hugs once again!

Trina P. said...

So pretty and feminine, Colleen! Wonderful colours and colouring. x

Lindsey said...

I do love fuchsias, and your colouring makes this one extra beautiful!

Glenda J said...

Love the subtle background stripes and the gorgeous colouring. Gorgeous card.