One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Kansas here we come!

I would say:  Kansas City here we come, but can you believe Kansas City is actually in Missouri, that is just NOT right!!  LOL
You probably heard that a small group of us met in Newton Kansas where the Craft House is located.
Go to that site and look at the pictures, they are much better than mine and are so fun.  The house is decorated in a crafter's dream...so many fun knick knacks all related to crafting...even quilting!
The house sleeps 16 and one room has 5 twin beds, some rooms had three beds and one room even had a single queen bed in it!  All the beds had beautiful quilts in many colors and different designs!
So I started out on the plane from Portland, OR to Seattle, Wa where I met my BFF Linda and we flew together to Wichita.
I am not so good at selfies, and of course we are each looking at our own picture and not liking it, so we have to take another and another!  LOL
When we rounded the corner from the security area there were four lovely ladies and it almost brought tears to my eyes, it was so amazing to see them in person...as one said, her picture was taken when her daughter was in kindergarten and she is now a sophomore!!  But really she looked the same! We hugged and walked out to the car for our 30 minute drive to the house!  That is where our stories began....catching up on "life" with each other!
 Left to right, Nancy Penir, Lin, Kara Lynne, Birgit, and Marcia.
If you click on their names it will take you to their blog.
And of course we had to have another selfie with all of us sitting on the rainbow stairs!
And to see the full house with a HUGE kitchen and the craft room with HUGE tables, go to the site from above, because I think those were taken professionally and are really good in showcasing the rooms and the beautiful quilts.
These four days were amazing, and I now have four more friends for life, we shared so much more in common than just stamping and inking!  Life (and Birgit!!) brought us together and I think we will make a point of doing this again and again!  In fact an offer was made at someone's house that could sleep us all and we are thinking that is a fabulous idea!!  I know Linda posted some pictures and told her story, it is a fun read too, so you can go there and see more of what we did...in the meantime, I am going to put together some cards with the stuff I stamped, colored or spritzed on paper!!
Thanks for taking the time to stop by and having a look!

Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh what a fun post to read! I love this idea of you and Linda sharing your experience of all of us meeting for the first time. Do you think it's too late for me to join in on the fun? Super cute post, my forever friend!

Greta said...

A dream come true--how fun! So glad you & Linda got to enjoy this together!

Loll said...

What a wonderful experience for all of you. Four days filled with friendship, laughter and crafting - nothing could be better!! xx

Marcia Hill said...

What a great post Colleen! It totally was a magical weekend getting to actually meet in person and play with our stamps together, and of course just talking and laughing and sharing life! It was definitely a trip that I'll treasure for forever!! :0)

Brenda in IN said...

What a wonderful weekend and a chance to meet in person. I can almost hear the laughter as it floats through the air to here! There is nothing more fulfilling to meet another stamper in person. It seems we have all known each other forever. It is a beautiful home and so inspiring for stampers. How fun for all of you and thanks for sharing.

Darnell said...

Fabulous, Col!! I have been waiting to hear how it went, so it's wonderful to see your post and your awesome photos! Thank you for sharing! I'm off to Lin's ... Hugs, Darnell

Nancy said...

Sounds like it was a fabulous time Colleen. I so enjoyed reading all about it and hopes that someday too I will be able to join you all. Thanks for letting us enjoy your story!

Kara Lynne said...

It's so much fun to see your posts Colleen, and relive the memories all over again! You are a treasured friend! I will post something too, but I haven't even seen my craft room since we got home - playing catch up with life, I guess.

Patti said...

I have been just loving sitting reading post from each of your blogs today. Every picture brings tears to my eyes as I look into the faces of these beautiful women - friends brought together by a common love for papercrafting! HUGE blessing!! HUGE! : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Helen F. said...

This looks like such an amazing time! I can only imagine how much fun you all had in Kansas! Lovely cards and projects created too, Colleen. Thanks for sharing :-)