One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 8, 2017

MIM with Ashley..# 287 Baby Wipe Inking

 Ashley has a video up at Capture the Moment with Baby Wipe Inking.  I made three graduation cards using this technique for the background.  The first one is folding the wipe and then swiping it across the page at a diagonal.  The second card I wadded up the baby wipe and dipped it in the reinkers and then blotted it on the paper...BTW, I am using glossy paper for this technique.  My last card was also swiping the colors diagonally, but I showed more of the diagonal.  You can probably guess that the colors of our local high school is green and gold (yellow)
Thanks to a very sweet friend, Birgit, who sent me the Year Of Psalms that I used on this last card!
I thought it was a perfect sentiment for those young people graduating and going onto further education or working.  I have a grandson graduating and is looking forward to going to Oregon State University in the fall.  My daughter requested 6 graduation cards!
These are the others I made: 
I stamped the cap in soft stone on top half of card.  the bottom have was foiled using a Gina K star foil mate with gold sequin foil. the congrats is a Lawn Fawn die cut.  The rest of the embellishments are from PTI "For the Graduate"

A different school, still with a green, but a darker forest green.  I gold embossed the sentiment and added the hat.

the background is gina k. foil mated swirls and flourishes with green foil...so shiny and pretty!

Easy one layer card with the hat from For the Graduate.

I used the same star foil mates and gold sequin foil, but added the stripes on the side, first I swiped it with green ink, then added the gold foil.  I think I am done!!  *wink 

I am almost done...need an 8th grade graduation card for my granddaughter Lily!
I have a feeling her mother will be asking me for one of those also!
We have rain, YEAH!~  I don't have to feel guilty about being indoors playing!

Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Kathy Mc said...

Great graduation cards, Colleen! Your baby-wipe diagonals look perfect...I need to try that again with a fresher baby wipe. When I realized I first was using paper towels, then I pulled out a baby wipe that was all dried up. Not sure if moistening it is the same as fresh wipes.

Linda said...

Wow, friend I see your mojo is still working. Great graduation cards.

Nancy Penir said...

Wow and Wow, Colleen! You're on a roll. All wonderful grad cards! Your baby wipe cards turned out great!

Marcia Hill said...

What a GREAT collection of grad cards Colleen!! This is the first year in a loooong time I haven't had to make any!! Love the baby wipe inking too...that diagonal looks FABULOUS!! :0)

Maria said...

Awesome collection of grad cards, so unique and lovely!!

Kim Heggins said...

So many wonderful graduations card, love them all!

Barbara said...

Colleen I love these examples of graduation cards. I am saving them for two years from now. My granddaughter will be graduating. My two grandsons have graduated last year and another this year. I made over 50 cards for their mother to give out and I am sure I will get an order for more in two years. These are super and I will be pinning them. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy said...

WOW!! These are all terrific! Did you foil some of these? I love the school colors!

Bonnie said...

A wonderful selection of graduation cards, Colleen! I love the cards done with the baby wipe technique. Gotta try that!

Bonnie said...

BTW, congrats to your grandson! Where does the time go? Best of luck to him in his future endeavors!