One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Seize the Birthday ~ Tall & Skinny

The first thing I did was go to my envelope stash and I found a legal size envelope that I have had for a number of years...and this was my inspiration:


I think I have had these envelopes for about 15 years or longer...a wedding anniversary celebration!  I decided to stamp a SSS Birthday Balloon stamp in Delicata Gold ink up the page and layer them all in one big balloon bouquet!
My strings were made with the gold Wink of Stella!
The sentiment is from an Avery Elle set called Cake and Candles.  I stamped the balloons close to the edge, then with a pencil and ruler made a line for me to hand cut around all the balloons.  A strip of striped PTI paper was taped to INSIDE on the back edge of the card so it shows through.
The sentiment was stamped with matching ink of winter wisteria.

I hope you will join all of us in this Seize the Birthday Challenge.  The topping for this challenge is to make a Tall & Skinny card!  However, you all know you can always just make any kind of birthday card as ANYTHING GOES! 
TALL & SKINNY is the topping!


3 comments:

Marybeth said...

Love this tall and skinny balloon card and your envelope was great inspiration!

Nancy said...

Love your card Colleen and love the fact that the envelope is where it all began! You executed it beautifully! Have a terrific day!

Monika Reeck said...

Lovely tall card and great monochrome Balkoon Colleen...great design...hugs...Try to catch up now..
Monika