One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, March 2, 2014

The New Challenge

Lesley, over at Always Playing with Paper  put up a new sketch on her blog and asked us to join in the fun...this is the sketch:
There are a number of ways to interpret this sketch...like fellow blogger Lin (and my BFF), I saw Julie Ebersole videos with this technique so I thought I would give a try also.
I used a sentiment from PTI Stylish Sentiments:  Christmas and white embossed it onto the paper,
then I used some distress inks to swipe across the page, you can check out Julies blog to watch the video.  I added some shimmer stars and mounted it on a raspberry fizz card base.
 
Thanks, Lesley, I will look for more of your fun sketches, and I will remember this one too!
 
Have a great Sunday!
Heart Hugs,
Colleen

10 comments:

Lesley said...

Wow, amazing! Love the fresh colour palette and the way you did the embossing for the full effect! Great take on the sketch, Colleen!

Kara said...

Love how you used this sketch!

Greta said...

Fun technique & great use of the sketch!

Marjan said...

Love your card! The colors are beautiful together and the white stands out against the swiping.

Maria said...

Wow! Great technique with the distress inks! Lovely card with great design! I must give this technique a try! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Cornelie said...

I like thiis technique! Nice card you made!

Marybeth said...

Colleen this turned out beautifully! I am so loving this watercolor look ! Even better it's fun to make.

JoAnn said...

This is so pretty Colleen. I love how you used the distress inks and this technique to interpret the sketch. Gotta give it a try as yours turned out fabulous.

Notes by Nina said...

Great card Colleen, I love the rounded corners and fabulous colours.

Kim Heggins said...

Incredible card Colleen...beautiful colors and I love your sentiment over the top!