One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, August 9, 2013

Praying for you cards...

Tuesday afternoon at 2:30 pm, three young 13 year old girls were walking on a sidewalk and they were hit by an SUV...one girl was life flighted and the other two were taken by ambulance to OHSU (Oregon Health Science University hospital).  One girl was released last night, the other two had to have some surgery to relieve fluid on the brain.

A friend called and asked if I had any prayer shawls she could give to the mom's of the girls...( I knit them) her daughter goes to school with the girls and also plays soccer with them.  I had two shawls I could give her and I quickly looked through my stash to find a card that would be appropriate for this occasion.  Sitting on my desk were some die cuts from MFT's Peaceful Garden and I had even colored them first stamping with versamark and then applying chalk with a q-tip...this one came together really quickly:
I added some PTI hibiscus burst striped pattern paper to the side edges and tied a piece of Twinery twine around it.  The sentiment is from PTI Beautiful Butterflies.
This card was inked with memento markers..I scored around the edges, added the sentiment from MFT Cheerful Blessings. 

The community is praying for these girls...and I hope the shawls will give some comfort and strength to the mom's.  It is unknown how the SUV came to be up on the sidewalk...it was a 19 year old boy, he stayed at the scene and was cooperating.  I think he will be needing some prayers of comfort also during this time. 

3 comments:

Linda said...

Love both of those cards. Might have to get that stamp set. So pretty. Love your colors.

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about the girls, praying they will recover quickly. Your cards are gorgeous and along with your prayer shawls the girls and their families will be very thankful.

Darnell said...

This is so heartbreaking for everyone involved, Colleen. The poor young man might have just been looking down at his darn cell phone for a minute. Your cards are poignant and beautiful and will bring the girls' families much comfort, along with your shawls. I will certainly add them to my prayer list.