One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Card Camp

I missed a whole week of summer card camp...not a big deal....my BFF and I are getting together for a couple of weeks and we thought we would just take the class together.  However, I needed a couple of birthday cards right now, and I liked the looks of the sketches and the color challenges so I decided to make my two cards using them.  Up first is a birthday card for a friend who will actually be in Chicago for her birthday.  Her mom has been living with her for the last 6 years and she recently passed away...3 weeks shy of her 101 birthday!  Isn't that amazing?  My friend drove back to Chicago by herself to clear out her mom's house.  But I am going to send this card to her so it will be waiting for her when she gets home...I want her to know I have been thinking about her.

There is a piece of vellum that I embossed with a PTI impression plate and then stitched around the edges of that before adhering to the face of the card.  I used PTI bitty dot pattern paper for the color strips.  The sentiment and flip flops are from the Flipped Out stamp set.

1 comment:

Svitlana Shayevich said...

Such a positive and joyful card! Love it! A great present for a friend.