One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Inked Day 5 ~ Tweaking A Stamped Image

Today's lesson was about using your stamps in a different shape then they come.  For instance, if you have a stamp that is straight, you can bend it to make it a circle or half circle...with this kit stamp set from Studio Calico, there was a leafy flourish stamp that was slightly curved.  Maile demonstrated how she changed the shape by following the grid lines on her acrylic block.  Here is my card:
The leafy flourish is an outline stamp, I used a copics (RV 19) and randomly colored in some areas.  The hello is from Happy Hydrangea cut with a spellbinders circle.  I added a strip of raspberry fizz pattern paper to the side and a little twine from the twinery.  I think I will look through my stash to find a stamp that I can do something with along these same lines...These classes sure help in stretching your mind to think outside the box and come up with different approaches for using your stamps.

1 comment:

Svitlana Shayevich said...

If you didn't say I would never think that this stamp is curved. Love your card. It's so pretty and sweet!