One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, July 5, 2013

Festive Friday # 12 ~ Trigger Challenge "Snow" & Merry Monday

The Trigger Challenge over at the Festive Friday Blog is the trigger word "SNOW"...and what better do make than a snowman? ...especially a cute one...and one that has has never seen ink before!!  so here it is:
Since we live in the Portland, Oregon area, we really don't see much snow, so I thought the sentiment "winter joy" was perfect!  We would love to have maybe two days of lots of snow...enough so there is no school and we can all go out and make snowmen and snow angels!!  This stamp is from Sweet November...it is one that I won for a challenge.  I colored it in with copics and the sentiment is from a Unity Stamp.  I added some Papertrey Pattern paper to the sides of the snowman and then adhered it to a white card base with foam adhesive.
Go play with some snow and enter this fun challenge...click on the blue Festive Friday above to access the challenge!!

I decided this card could also go into the Merry Monday Challenge where for the whole month of July it is "anything goes"...you can link up until Sunday, August 4th.








10 comments:

Linda said...

Such a cute snowman and great coloring. Love your colors. Col.

Kim Heggins said...

After seeing so many snowman cards I feel like I need to run and get a sweatshirt to put to keep me warm from all the snow. This is just too cute...he reminds me of the snowman from the movie Jack Frost.

Geri said...

Oh, Colleen,...he's such a happy guy! And I love the fresh colors you've chosen, along with the gentle shading you've given him! The dab of subtle paper on each side is a great addition to the design also! Such a sweet card...always delightful to visit your Festive Friday creations!!!

Ardyth said...

Love your clean design - lots of fresh white and lovely happy colours! Thanks for joining us at Festive Friday!

Bonnie said...

Another darling snowman, Colleen! I love the blue and green scarf and all the white space! Thanks so much for sharing with us again at Merry Monday!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This snowman makes me smile! What a gorgeously coloured scarf! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week!

Notes by Nina said...

Very cute card Colleen, your snowman is adorable. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Meredith MacRitchie said...

I live in Vancouver, BC - I know exactly what you're talking about! I am glad we gave you a reason to ink up a new stamp! Thanks for playing along this week again Colleen, this is a really cute one!

Svitlana Shayevich said...

I live in NYC, but comparing with Ukraine I came from there is no snow at lot. Dreaming of lots of snow as well. The whole winter!
Love your funny snowman! Adorable card!

Marie Bingaman said...

Very cute!! :)