One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, January 28, 2013

Online Card Class - Day 1 card 3

Three instructors, 4 videos today...a lot to do, but very fun if you have the time...I gave this class to my BFF for a Christmas gift and we were lucky enough to skype most of the afternoon and share what we were creating...giving hints and ideas along the way.

This card is one inspired by Jennifer McGuire...she did masking using both the negative and the positive, she also used daubers with the Hero Arts Shadow ink...now I don't have but one of the shadow inks, so I used PTI ink and daubers...here is what I came up with for this technique:
The sentiment is heat embossed with black powder, the stars where "daubed" on using aqua mist, spring moss and lemon tart...I kept it in the pastel family.  I used some eclipse masking tape on the side to daub on the strips for color and to balance the card.  I didn't add sentiments to the other two starts because I really couldn't find anything small enough that seemed to go with the theme.  But I am happy with this card and how it turned out.

5 comments:

Linda said...

Really cute card. Love it. Great job.

Joyce said...

Thanks for visiting me today! It is fun to see who else is in the class. Wow--you did three cards. You are really gunning for that A+ now, right? All your cards are really terrific. I especially like your first one. That sentiment is perfect for the technique.

Darnell said...

You really are productive, Colleen! All your cards from the class yesterday are fantastic! You are probably done with it for today and busily crafting. I am answering my mail from yesterday first, so I'm running behind. Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving me some love!!

Stephanie said...

Jen is a genius & looks like she's inspired you because your card is lovely Colleen :) x

anja curvers said...

Yeahh great card.