One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Mr. Bones' Halloween Spook Out-Papertrey Style

MrbonesspookoutlogoHalloween will be here before you know it and in honor of this fun & festive holiday Papertrey Ink is joining Heather Nichols in a special inspirational event.  The Mr. Bones' Halloween Spook Out begins today and will continue every day for the next five days!  
Heather will be posting a new project featuring Mr. Bones each day, as well as revisiting some of her previous favorite Halloween projects. 

In the meantime, there is also a special Blog Hop being held at Paptertrey that you will not want to miss out on!   You have from now until September 5th (11:30pm EST) to add a Halloween themed project to the InLinkz on the PTI blog.  This could include spooky treat packaging, creepy cards, terrifying tags or anything else you can scare up!  Play along with us over the next five days and you will have an opportunity to win one of ten $10 gift certificates (since October is the 10th month of the year!).  So join us each day for all the Halloween fun & inspiration and get a head start on your projects for this spooktacular holiday! Go to Nichole's blog to check it all out.

So here is the first card I made for this blog hop.  If you are followers of mine, then you know that I send three cards out to my elderly aunts every month...these will be going to them!  And maybe I will have to add a couple more to my list!  I do have a 100 year old friend so I definitely think she deserves a special card for this occasion!
I used Happy Hexagons and die cut some random paper from PTI and the striped is just a random scrap I had from past Halloween's card makings...the tag is from 2009 Halloween Tags, I added some Dimensional Magic to the top of the cat to give it some dimension and added shine!




6 comments:

anja curvers said...

Thank you for your sweet comments on my cards Colleen. Although we don't celebrate halloween over here I love the halloween colors and cards etc.
Very beautiful card Colleen.

José said...

Wow, this is a stunner!!!! Love what you did with the hexagons and the colors. Great cat with sentiment. A fabulous card!

Judith said...

Oh, Colleen, this is such a nice card! We don't celebrate Helloween, but I do like your card!
Thanks to you, I have this die too (-: Thank you so much!

Linda said...

I love what you did with the Hexagons. This is just too cute. Why didn't I think of it first.

Marybeth said...

Great idea to use the hexagons for your Halloween card Colleen! Love it!

Susie said...

Great card.