One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, August 4, 2012

The Sweet Life ...continued

It is official, today was 102 degrees (38.888 for my celsius friends in the Netherlands) so I stayed in my craft room getting inky all afternoon and occasionally my husband would call me in to watch some Olympics...

Here is my second card using the beautiful roses from The Sweet Life...I used the technique from Betsy Veldman that she showed during SAF, you can see it on the video HERE, just scroll down until you get to Betsy's card set using a lunch sack.  I took the cluster of three roses and die cut it from a 2 inch piece of melon berry dotted pattern paper pack, I also die cut a three leaf stamp..
I used sweet blush for the solid image, and melon berry for the next two layers, just stamped off once for the second layer so it would be a little softer...my sentiment is from Beautiful Butterflies and it is stamped with memento 'london fog' ink.  I love this technique and think it is a gorgeous card with these roses...hmmmm, I may be trying this with other colors now!!

No comments: