One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Inspiration Showcase - Emboss Resist

This card is made with the stamps from PTI - It's a Jungle out There and the tree from Falling Leaves.  I first inked the giraffe, trees and leaves with black versafine ink and heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  I did it in several stages...first I stamped the tree and embossed, then the leaves and embossed and finally the giraffe.  I then took Peeled Paint with a sponge dauber on the bottom of the paper, moved up to the Broken China and ended at the top portion with Wild Honey.  After I mounted the paper onto a black piece of cardstock, I decided to offset the scene and I added a tiger which I also heat embossed....I placed it so that it appears to be coming out from behind the tree...then I stamped it again and paper pieced it so that I could then stamp in versamark the grass coming up and behind the tiger...the grass stamp is from PTI's Botanical Silhouette...I then sponged on a bit of the Peeled Paint around the grass...This is a bit of a spin off from Nichole's card when she was showcasing the stamp set It's a Jungle Out There.  I used Glossy paper for the scene and Hawaiian Shores for the card.

No comments: