One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Blog Hop and Make it Monday PTI Coloring with Copics on Non Neutral Paper

Have you noticed that I write:  I LOVE...whatever stamp set I am talking about....lol!  I guess I really just love so many of the stamp sets, I couldn't name a favorite.  However, with that being said, I really do love these flower sets from the Friendship Jar Series, this is the original with the first set that came out.  Paper is Lemon Tart, I have never stamped and colored with copics on colored paper.  And WOW, I love it...I guess I always  thought it needed to be stamped on a whitish paper and then colored...but it is rather more forgiving when colored with copics on non neutral paper.  I used the gradient method that Jenn showed on the Make It Monday video.  I used three different shades of the yellow to orange...sorry I don't have the series, but what I used was Y38, YR04, and YR07.  I am getting better with shading, and the demonstration from Jenn really was a big help.  And I added the sentiment from the Think Big #1 set...it is just the perfect size...and can you just imagine giving a bouquet of flowers to a best friend because that person is just so kind...???!!!  Now, to add a little detail, I decided to add the embroidery floss around the stems, so I actually can use this card for both the Make it Monday and the challenge for this week.   yahoo...killing two birds with one stone, so to speak!

No comments: