One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Layered Stamp backgrounds

I watched a video from the Hero Arts blog...the designer showed a layered card with embossing, watercolors, and then I also embossed the card before adding the stems and flowers.  check it out here:  it was a very fun technique. I used watercolor paper for all the stamp work.

http://heroarts.com/learning/technique.cfm?techID=196
 First I stamped the line words with versa mark, then I used white embossing powder and my heat gun.  After that, I dabbed Ranger Distress Ink on a clear acrylic block and sprayed it with water...then I placed it on the paper and that is the green (for this card) and blue for the card below...then I ran it through my cuttlebug with a PTI linen embossing sheet to give it some texture.  Then I took some stamps from PTI's Life set...I dabbed a couple of colors of the Ranger Distress ink onto my craft sheet and placed the stamps into the ink, then stamped them.  It gives it a nice soft watercolor look...it was very fun to try this layered technique!

No comments: