One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, February 21, 2011

Blooming Button Bits and Thinking about YOU

I was looking through the PTI designer blogs and ran across this card made by Betsy...I love this stamp set and I love that Betsy can think outside the box and use stamps in such unique and clever ways.  For the scallop edge, she actually used the leaf stamp, turned on it's side and then she cut it out...which was actually pretty easy to do!  What a clever scalloped edge!  Now I am thinking that perhaps I will have to purchase the new "button" stamp and die cut sets because you know, when you add button or other dimensional 'blings' to cards, you have to increase the postage.  So the new stamp set and dies would allow you to stamp and then cut out the "paper buttons" which might just allow you to not have to add another .10 cents to the mailing of your card.  They do have special paper...I believe it is called coaster cards...so it is a little bit thicker, but probably not as much as a button would be!

No comments: