One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, August 15, 2020

August CAS Christmas Challenge ~ 12 Days of Christmas

Susan is hosting this challenge and she has some helpful ideas for you to use to make this challenge work for you..go HERE to read her hints.
I must admit to having to think outside the box and to use more brain power to come up with something.
But I had fun playing around with different ideas.
Here is what I came up with:
Now I just know you all are counting those little drummer boys and I am short by 3, but let's take a look inside shall we?
so there you go...12 Drummers drumming!
This is what I used to make this card:
WPLUS9:  Drummer Boy

Are you surprised?  Now 12 would not fit across the page unless I had them squished in a lot closer to each other, but then you probably couldn't see them very good...so I decided to stamp 3 of them inside!
Problem solved!
I typed the sentiment on the computer and used a PTI banner die to cut it out.
I used copic pens to color in the ONE drummer boy and to color the ground and sky.
And that my friends ENDS the Song of the 12 Days of Christmas!!
Do you have an idea for a card?
I think the hard part was making sure it was CAS enough...I checked with the boss :) and she said it had enough white space to work!  Yeah!!

To get more ideas, go check out the other designers and our special guest 


Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Barb Ghig said...

Such a fun design, Colleen! I love how you colored the single image and stamped the last 3 Drummers on the inside...so clever! Barb xx

Julia Aston said...

My goodness Colleen! that is a LOT of masking of your drummer boy - what a fun and creative idea and it is so well done! Great coloring of the ground and on the lone colored drummer! xx

Bonnie said...

I see those last three drummed their way to the inside! Fantastic, Col!

Trina P. said...

Such a fun idea and cool card! I stayed away from the higher numbers because I didn’t want to stamp that many images. 😂 Very clever to stamp the last three on the inside.

Brenda in IN said...

Very clever take on this challenge, Colleen. I love the idea and cute card too. Finishing on the inside is genius and so fun.

Marcia Hill said...

What a FABULOUS card Colleen, and how did you know I'd be counting the drummers on the outside?!! Hahaha!! Sweeet, sweet card my friend and I LOVE how you only colored the one drummer boy! Hugs. :0)

Papercraft Boutique said...

What a clever idea you came up with to lien up all those 12 little drummer boys on (and inside of) your card, Colleen! They're so adorable. I love that you colored one of them and stamped the rest in lighter colors to keep the card CAS!
Hideko xx

Christine Alexander said...

OMG what an adorable card, I love the drummers moving to the inside of the card. So clever :)

Loll said...

Awecome card, my friend! LOVE all those drummer boys. That's a lot of masking so power to you for making it to 12! xx

Linda said...

Great job, Col. You really did think outside of the box and love how you got all 12 on the card. Great coloring too. Fantastic card.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Clever design, Colleen - just love it!! That colored drummer looks darling among the outline ones!!