One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

MIM # 295 Z Fold Card

 Well this card only took four tries to get it right...I guess I was having one of those days...smudged
ink on the first, then I realized I had folded the card the wrong way after doing several of the pages (and actually even the smudged one was folded wrong! LOL) On the third try, I asked my BFF, Linda, who is here with me for the SAF coming up in two day, what I did wrong cause it wasn't making sense to me.  So I cut two more pieces for the Z fold card and wouldn't you know it, I did the exact same fold and it was wrong!  Okay, finally I put my focus hat on and made this card the right way!  LOL...I think my friend thought I was just going to give up and NOT do one...!!  
Now, I have to tell you I did not like the look from the back side, so I cut out extra balloon dies and glued them onto the back of the pages...I know, a little anal, but I needed to do that!
This is the inside, so you can see I added the balloons to both side of the second fold, and actually in the picture below I did the same thing to the last page...
I used PTI Balloon Bash.  The inside stars was made with a stencil from Heidi Swapp.
The inside sentiment "Happy Birthday" is from Just Desserts!
That's it for me folks, it's a wrap!
PHEW!!  Time to move on to a new challenge!!
Have a great day!!


Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

So glad you persevered Colleen...it turned out beautifully! I love the CAS look (even though it wasn't simple!) and the fact that you covered the backs of your balloons...I am just that anal sometimes too!! Hope you and Linda have a FABULOUS week together!! 😊

Marcia Hill said...

So glad you persevered Colleen...it turned out beautifully! I love the CAS look (even though it wasn't simple!) and the fact that you covered the backs of your balloons...I am just that anal sometimes too!! Hope you and Linda have a FABULOUS week together!! 😊

Kim Heggins said...

Stunning Z-Fold card Colleen...love all your festive balloons in those pretty colors. I have had cards that have taken way too many tries too but I don't like giving up and so happy that you got your made, it is fabulous. Wishing you a wonderful time with Linda!

Ashley Cannon Newell said...

This is an awesome card! I really like the way you added the balloons! Thanks for joining me this week.

victoria h said...

Fab card- great idea to add the balloons on both sides

Birgit said...

Way to stick through it to the end Colleen, your card came out adorable! I was wanting to put flowers on the back side of my card too, but they didn't line up properly. The balloons are perfect for that! Guess I'm anal too. Now to figure out how I can cover up the back side and still make it look good.

Karen Letchworth said...

What a fun z-fold birthday card, Colleen. I saw it over on the PTI challenge blog and wanted to stop by to say hello. I also have a FUN challenge blog with AWESOME prizes, and I would like to invite you to come by and play along with us. www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com
Have a great week!
Karen Letchworth

Linda said...

Your card is so awesome. Take it from me who gets to see it firsthand.

Maria said...

Oh, what a fun Z fold card with the beautiful balloons and stars, Colleen! Your card is so awesome inside and out! Hehehe at adding the balloons to both sides! I know I would do the same!:-)

Eileen Mathys said...

I love this card! What a great idea for a birthday card to fit all ages. Looks like I found a set that needs to go on my wish list. Thanks for sharing!

Loll said...

Glad you stuck it out Colleen. This card is so adorable! I would do the same thing, adding the balloons at the back. :) Have fun with your BFF!! xx

Vikki H said...

So cute and perfect in each detail especially the balloons! I think this format is a winner!