One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, May 28, 2016

CAS(E) this Sketch # 174

I took a break from planting flowers to make a card!
There is a sketch over at CAS(E) this Sketch
and you all know I am needing sympathy and the praying for you kind of cards, I love this flower image from Altenew called Best Mom.
I colored it up with copics (greens: YG03,G14,BG13 and violets: BV00, V15, V17)
I am playing with different combinations of colors, I would never have thought to use BG13 with my greens for leaves, but I really like it!!

My sentiment is from a Technique Tuesday:  Appreciated, I embossed it on vellum.
Here is the inside of the card:
and here is the sketch:
I hope you all have a wonderful Holiday weekend and remember all our men and women fighting for our freedom.


Heart Hugs, friends!



13 comments:

Lori Turner said...

Wow, Colleen - this is absolutely gorgeous.

Patti said...

Hi Colleen,

I just love the way you layered vellum over your pretty flower : ) Such a soft addition and stamping the uncolored image on the inside is brilliant! why don't I think of those sweet touches!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

Patti

Mary Jean said...

Beautiful !!!!

Maria said...

Just lovely, Colleen! Beautiful flowers! Love how you did the inside of the card, too!

Nancy said...

Love your beautiful flowers and the vellum sentiment! CAS and Sensational!

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOO pretty Colleen! Love just the simple sprig of flowers and sentiment on the vellum, and colored just beautifully too! And you'll laugh because I had just gotten BG13 a week or so ago, and had to pull it out with the YG03 & G14 to try the combination myself...you're a genius and I LOVE it!! :0)

Loll said...

Beautiful colouring with shading Colleen. You have given those flowers so much depth. xx

MaryH said...

Hi Colleen. Just enjoyed your outstanding win over at the CAS Mixup.. that gorgeous flower is so stunning with the splendid coloring you've done. This one is very lovely as well. Your coloring skills are wonderful, and I like the corner design with the vellum sentiment. Also like the way you've repeated the image on the inside. TFS

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is beautiful! I love how you stamped the image on the inside, too, but didn't colour it in! Wonderful take on the sketch!

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful Colleen..just love your sweet flowers.

Bonnie said...

If the flowers you are planting are as pretty as these, you have a beautiful yard!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, I love how you coloured the flowers and the part of the sentiment with the rest inside with the plain stamped image.

Chrissy Larson said...

This is so sweet and simple. I love it!!! I love it in the black and white even.