One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, March 24, 2016

Seize the Birthday ~ Water

Welcome again folks to another Seize the Birthday Challenge where today's topping is "WATER".  I had to think about that...hmmm...my friend asked me if I had fish, or a whale, you know something that lives in the sea! Not really...then I thought, how about a vase filled with flowers and WATER!  YES!  Score for me! (now that I think of it, I do have a lighthouse stamp set...that would have been great too!)
I used watercolor paper and Distress Ink to paint everything on this card.
I cut out the small mason jar and used tumbled glass for my water.
My flowers were done with Abandoned Coral...I love that color! and the leaves with mowed lawn.  Those are PTI Friendship Jar stamps and dies.
My sentiment is from the Stamp of Approval young at Heart Collection by Cas-ual Fridays:  Birthday sentiments.  And the side panel was made using an Impression Obessesion background stamp:  thin strips which I embossed with silver EP and then swiped with my paintbrush and abandoned coral distress ink!
We want to thank Jacquie for being an awesome Special Guest Designer the last couple of months!  And now we want to welcome TWO other fantastic ladies to our design team:
Barbara Campbell and Vicki Dutcher!
go check them out friends...they will inspire!!.


You have until April 5 to play along!

Thanks for stopping, hope you will visit the rest of the team and see how they used "water" on their card!
Heart Hugs!

12 comments:

Barbara said...

Thanks for the warm welcome Colleen. I love that you thought out of the box for your water card. I wish I had done that. But being here in Florida, I had to do the sand dollar and sea horse. I will remember your take on this one. Clever.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love your tulips in the jar vase! Great coloring. Thanks for the welcome too~

Linda said...

Beautiful watercoloring Col. Love that abandoned coral.

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is really lovely! Your flowers are beautifully colored!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is really lovely! Your flowers are beautifully colored!

Kim Heggins said...

Colleen...your tulips are simply lovely! Your coloring is so amazing.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful jar of tulips Colleen. Love your coloring and the way you did the water in the jar.

Darnell said...

This is so enchanting, Colleen! I love how you did this! Barb and Vicki will be fantastic additions to the team!! Happy Easter to you and your family!! Hugs, Darnell

Jodene said...

Beautiful card Colleen and I just love how you've coloured your tulips and the water! Gorgeous :)

Nancy said...

I had to think about this topping too Colleen! So glad you did something totally different to show the players some diversity! Brilliant! I love your vase and beautiful flowers! Have a fabulous day!

Greta said...

Beautiful watercoloring & the water is perfect! Terrific card, Colleen! (PS--Yes indeed, so lucky to get one of the PTI gift certificates--worth the 2 hrs making those knots!)

Glenda J said...

This is terrific Colleen! Great idea for the water theme and the colours are terrific too.