Lexi has the latest MIM up and she is using Rubber Cement and Watercolor for a Resist.
This was a fun technique, but it does take some time to let the layers dry.
And I did run into a little bit of trouble with my "older" rubber cement. It did not want to flow off the brush to leave nice streaks. I had to touch the brush to the paper, I have a picture to show you...after the first using the rubber cement, I took out some Fineline Masking Fluid that had a fine point to making squiggles.
You can see from these two photos, how the rubber cement globbed up on me and would not flow off the brush. That was when I decided to use my masking fluid pen and the finer lines are made with that.
I used my KOI watercolor paints and did a light wash with blue, then after drying I added the Fineline Masking Fluid to make my markings. After letting that dry, I added a color that was more Teal...a little darker shade and let that dry.
I pulled out PTI: With Sympthy and added the 'wheat stalks" in versafine black ink. I punched out the small butterfly from one of the above pieces I made using a Martha Stewart punch. The sentiment is from Words of Comfort and I used a piece of fun foam to adhere it to the soft stone card base!
Thanks for taking a look!!
I will save those pieces and use them, I really like the balloon that Lexi made ~ might give that a try!
Have a wonderful week. I leave Thursday for Denve, Colorado again to watch my Granddaughter Ellie play volleyball, this time my husband is going to join me and my daughter! (the dynamics will change a
bit A LOT I am sure, as he kind of likes to be in "control" if you get my drift!!
Heart Hugs my friends!