One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, December 31, 2015

MIM # 235 Adding color to Stamped Images

Laurie has a video up at the current Make It Monday,
she shows adding color to stamped images using pencils and gamsol or an ink blending solution.
Hi friends, I have added copics to highlight stamped images, but had not used prisma pencils and an ink blending solution.  So I gave it a try.
I stamped the flowers with Berry Sorbet and then went back and added a darker red in the center from the prisma colored pencils called rouge.  Then using a fantastic dipped in the ink blending solution I spread the color out, it really does help give dimension and added color to the images. I did the same with the little leaves.

 stamps and dies:  PTI Graceful Garden, Keep it Simple:  Praying for you

14 comments:

Rema DeLeeuw said...

Love this set! Beautifully done Colleen...
Happy new Year to you and your family!!

Linda said...

Beautiful Col. Great shading.

Darnell said...

Oh, well done, Colleen! The coloring is perfection!! Happy New Hugs to you!! Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Whoo, this is so pretty. I'm wishing you and your family a very Happy, Healthy New Year.

Lyn said...

Gorgeous card love the beautiful colour of your flowers

Kim Heggins said...

Happy New Year....this is so beautiful!

Maria said...

Such gorgeous flowers with fabulous color! I haven't tried the pencil and blending solution technique, but know several who do. I'll have to give it a try some time. Thank you for the inspiration! May you and family have a New Year filled with many blessings!

Marcia Hill said...

SOOOOOO pretty Colleen! Absolutely love the CAS look to this card and your coloring is fabulous!! Wishing you a very HAPPY and BLESSED 2016, and lots of mojo for the coming year too my friend!! :0)

Jeni Jenne said...

Great job! You made it look just like two layer stamping:)

Marybeth said...

Happy New Year Colleen! I saw your card this morning when I saw the Papertrey Ink news letter, congratulations!
It’s so pretty with the flower cluster and beautiful sentiment! Peace and joy to you and yours for 2016

Greta said...

Beautifully done, Colleen! Big congrats on the shout out in the PTI newsletter! Come on down anytime--we'd have fun!

Diana K said...

Wow, this is a true beauty. Love what you did with this technique.

Birgit said...

Oh Colleen, this is stunning! I guess I need to get some blending solution because I didn't like the harsh lines I got using the prisma pencils. I feel like I should remove my card from the list now that I've seen all the gorgeous card from the challenge this week. Yours in a winner!

Cindy H. said...

Just so, so beautiful!