One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Make It Monday Embossed and Dry Embossed!

There is a new Make It Monday video
and Dawn shows us a card with first embossing with powder, then using an impression plate to add a design to the card.
I actually did two, but didn't really like how the first turned out, so went back to the drawing board!
This is my second card.
I used PTI Meadow Greens and the Wood Grain impression plate.
I used zing powders in white, aqua and apricot.
The sentiment is from Asian Fusion.
 
okay, kind of embarrassed to show the first card, but here it is:
It just doesn't pop out like the first picture and the white powder was filigree, I wonder if it is old, because I had a heck of a time getting it to shine and dry.
Then there is the matter of the sentiment being crooked...and I think the IP is a little too busy.
Now you know why I decided to do a do over!!
 
Heart Hugs!
 

 

9 comments:

Helen F. said...

No need for embarrassment, Colleen. Both cards are really lovely! I like the bright colors on your second card, but think the first one, with it's more subtle colors is just as pretty

Maria said...

Both cards are very lovely! I especially like the color on the first card!

Marcia Hill said...

Your first try wasn't bad Colleen, but I do love the bright colors of your 2nd try...it really "pops"!! And how can you go wrong using that stamp set...everything turns out beautiful with Meadow Greens! :0)

Brenda in IN said...

I think I like the second card more. They are both pretty. The second reminds me of baby's breath because the green isn't so bright.

Nancy Penir said...

Both fun, but a fan of the 2nd (top card), love the placement of the blooms and fern, and LOVE the colors together! Also love your complete honesty. I tend to 'dispose' of those unloved attempts!

Kathryn A said...

Love this! Your colour choice is great, and it really stands out in the gallery. Your first one is good, too. Can you rescue it by putting a banner sentiment overtop the first sentiment?

Nancy said...

Incredible!!!! Love them both but the colors on the second try are amazing!!!!

Denise G. said...

Both cards are lovely but the color choices on the second card are just stunning!

Jessica Frost-Ballas said...

Thanks for sharing both cards...it's always nice to know that I'm not the only one who makes mistakes! Love the colors you chose!