One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

MIM # 152 Second card with layering dye and pigment inks

I had a few requests for sympathy cards,
here is another one for this Make It Monday Challenge.
I stamped the background basics:  text style with white pigment ink
To hurry along the process, I dried it with the heat gun.
I stamped the flower from PTI Flower Garden with pure poppy and the leaves
with ripe avocado. 
the Sentiment is from Boutique Borders: Sympathy
 
I think I might try this one more time using a different background.
 
Thanks for taking a look,
have a great short week!
Heart hugs,
Colleen

17 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! Love the simplicity of the colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card and great use of the technique! Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you certainly have this technique down. Love it. I like this technique. May have to try it again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great technique! Really like these flowers! Very nice card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card my friend I have to try this technique also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards are both so pretty. I love your color choices. I love how the text is showing through the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Colleen this is so wonderful, I need to try this out too. Love those pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is beautiful (and one of my favorite stamp sets)- great take on the technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it with the text background! Your blossoms show the texture perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great card Colleen and I really like the text in the background...classy looking! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  11. A nice card. Well done.

    Thank you. Love love, Andrew. Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is brilliant ...why didn't I think of using print or script...love this and it shows up so nicely. I always love script on an image .

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just beautiful! LOVE the text behind the flowers! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!