One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Merry Monday # 75

I am so glad that I have been playing all year with two Christmas Challenges...I have a good stash of cards...so no last minutes frantic late nights for me!!

A new color challenge over at  Merry Monday ...I had to think on this one!

 You can see the colors below: red, dark brown, vanilla and champagne/gold with some shimmer...I used a piece of dark chocolate for the actual card and stamped an image from an old Stampin' Up set called Peaceful Wishes...it was stamped with Encore! ultimate metallic gold...so pretty!  I placed a piece of gold shimmer paper behind it and place it all on a vintage cream card base.  The sentiment is stamped with Colorbox red hot along with the berries which I added a bit of glossy accents to the berries for a little more shine!  That's it folks, thanks for taking a look!


                                                                      

12 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Gorgeous Colleen, you have done so well to keep up. I was doing good then fell behind, time to get back in the game!!

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card!! I love the colors and stamping that you did :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely card. I love its simplicity and the clean look!

~Shery

Carole said...

This is so lovely.It evokes a peaceful easy feeling. I feel a need to case that.

Marybeth said...

So very elegant and very peaceful! Simply beautiful Colleen! Love the gold on the dark brown and just a bit of red …sooo pretty!

Bonnie said...

This is beautiful, Colleen! Peaceful wishes is one of my all time favorite Christmas sets! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Merry Monday!

Linda said...

Lovely Col.

Wendy said...

Oh, this is gorgeous, Colleen! Love the deep brown with the gold on it! So pretty! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

Unknown said...

I love how beautiful and simple this card looks!

Notes by Nina said...

Your card is so pretty Colleen, I love the CAS look. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

JoAnn said...

You did great with the color challenge. Love the gold embossing on the brown. Very pretty.

Susan Joyce said...

Lovely CAS Christmas card Colleen, I love that Peaceful Wishes stamp set but sadly never purchased it. Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday.