One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 6, 2013

A Special Card

On Sunday June 30, my daughter's father-in-law is celebrating 20 YEARS with a  transplanted heart!  This is HUGE!.  They are having a big celebration at the local Golf Club...so I have been thinking what kind of card could I make?  If I were 'buying' a card, what kind I would be looking for?  That is a tough one...so I started pulling out some stamp sets and looking for something that might be appropriate and I came up with the set "Simply You".  Then because it needs to be a masculine kind of card, I knew I didn't really want to add flowers or anything like that...then I thought perhaps this week's MIM would fit it nicely with this kind of card.  Banners are just kind of a generic card that depending on the colors and the design could certainly work for what I need.

So this is what I came up with...the papers are all Papertrey Ink:  kraft, simply chartreuse, berry sorbet and an assortment of the pattern papers.  The big YOU was embossing with black zing embossing powder. 

4 comments:

Marybeth said...

Oh , Colleen you came up with the most perfect card! That is wonderful new about your daughters FIL, 20 years with a new heart! Love this card and so will he, you did a great job!

Helen F. said...

Colleen, your wonderful card works beautifully for such a fabulous celebration!

Marjan said...

Yes, that is really great! Twenty years ago receiving a heart from another person was a risky thing..! How wonderful that he and that heart were so compatible.
I do love your card, the banners in those colors, the combination with kraft and the bold YOU! And ... the small text beneath that. He will too!!

Linda said...

Great card Col...