One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Make It Monday Watercoloring embossed images # 111

Over on Nichole Heady's blog for Papertrey, Ink, there is a new video by Heather Nichols showing how to emboss a card and then using reinkers to color the areas.  I kept it pretty simple using the largest flower from Friends till the End.  I embossed the flower using zing "blush" embossing powder and then used both Berry Sorbet and Hibiscus burst reinkers for coloring the flower.  I used a water pen very carefully, still had some warping, but I heat set it and put it under some weight for a bit of time.  The leaves I embossed with white filigree powder and used simply chartreuse and ripe avocado reinkers to color.  The sentiment is also from the same stamp set.  I finished with a strip of berry sorbet scallop and a little bling in the center of the flower.

Thanks for taking a look!

My older daughter stopped over and before I had taken a picture of this card, she spotted it and asked if she could have it for a special friend who is having a birthday.  Of course!!  So I grabbed my camera and took a quick shot.. and now that card is going to a good person.  That is the reason I make these cards, right?  Love getting snail mail!!

No comments: