One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, April 19, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch #24

 
A new sketch this week ...I pulled out a stamp that has never seen ink...imagine that!!  I got it almost three years ago at the summer CHA.  It is a Unity Itty Bitty Stamp called Dream.Big
The first thing I did was die cut a piece of masking paper from a Spellbinders Label 2 die and attached it to my paper.  Using some Distress Ink (peeled paint, broken china, and wild honey) I applied the ink to the negative part of the die cut.  I then stamped the set of three butterflies with versamark and embossed with black zing powder.  The sentiment is from a Hero Arts sentiment set which is also black embossed.

Nasty day here today in Oregon...lots of wind and rain...HOWEVER, if the weather man is to be believed, it should get into the high 70s by next week!! 
Check out the sketch and the other inspiration cards HERE and then go make a card!!
Thanks for taking a look!

6 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card. Love it. So creative....

anja curvers said...

Wow Colleen this is beautiful and I love that sketch maybe I'll give it a try.

Antje said...

This is just a wonderful card! Love the idea of sponging the frame and then put the butterflies in!

Chris Dring said...

Wow Colleen! What a beautiful card! TFS!

lostinpaper said...

I'm so pleased you 'pulled out' this gorgeous stamp, what an incredible result on that awesome background!
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Ardyth said...

Love the sponging and the drama of the black butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS(E) This Sketch this week!