One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, March 2, 2013

CAS-ual Fridays Making your own background

This is the BEFORE picture...and after putting it on the blog I thought to myself, well, this is okay, but I wonder if this is really considered a wallpaper background since I did a masking technique which I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog.  And then truth be told I was not too happy with how that one flower in the top right of the frame turned out...and that was even stamping it a second time.  So, I decided that I needed to just cut out the frame and adhere it with dimensionals (which, BTW are from Deanna Jeans blog and they are called "dots")  the link is for her etsy store.

This is the AFTER picture...after I die cut the frame and adhered it with the dimensionals I mentioned above from klosetkreations...you all know Deanna, she is the queen of CAS...absolutely love her style and I try to CAS her a lot because her cards are so cool.  In fact, when I am going to make a card, I think to myself, now how would Deanna make this...or Stephanie from Stamping and Sharing...both are awesome...So that is it folks and I am going with it...Thanks for hanging in there with me and getting through this process.

Paper:  PTI white, raspberry fizz, hawaiian shores
Stamps:  PTI Beautiful Blooms II, CAS-ual Fridays sentiment
ink:  PTI summer sunrise, limeade ice, aqua mist, hawaiian shores, raspberry fizz

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

This is so bright and cheerful! Love the rainbow of flowers! Thanks so much for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Linda said...

Very nice Col. I like what you did with the second card.

Michele Gross said...

Eek! I love it! It's totally happy :) Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Deb said...

I love both versions! The bright colors are perfect! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!