One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Sweet Life...

Hot, Hot, Hot today...so what is one suppose to do?  Stay inside and play!!!  I cleaned up a lot of things on my desk and then pulled out The Sweet Life and the Mega Vases and played around...This is what I came up with:

I embossed with clear embossing powder a small "flourish", then I rubbed the antique linen distress ink over it, then I cut it out with the die...For my flower I used pure poppy stamped off once for the first layer, then stamped again and finally the third layer is stamped with scarlet jewel ink...I wanted a red rose and I have achieved what I wanted...

2 comments:

Linda said...

This is absolutely stunning Col. Love it.

Unknown said...

Love what you did to the vase! And your red roses are beautiful. Great card.