One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Sweet Life...

Hot, Hot, Hot today...so what is one suppose to do?  Stay inside and play!!!  I cleaned up a lot of things on my desk and then pulled out The Sweet Life and the Mega Vases and played around...This is what I came up with:

I embossed with clear embossing powder a small "flourish", then I rubbed the antique linen distress ink over it, then I cut it out with the die...For my flower I used pure poppy stamped off once for the first layer, then stamped again and finally the third layer is stamped with scarlet jewel ink...I wanted a red rose and I have achieved what I wanted...

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning Col. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did to the vase! And your red roses are beautiful. Great card.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment...it makes my day!