One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, June 1, 2012

I just called to say "I love you"....

Okay, the Heart 2 Heart # 4 stamp and die are so much fun to play with...and now I have this song stuck in my brain and it keeps playing over and over...does that ever happen to you?    ....and I mean it from the bottom of my heart...yup, that's how it goes...over and over...I am going to have to stop making these cards so I can get it out of my head...anyway, my starting point was a CAS card from Debbie Olson ..I just so love her style...although I would no how, no way ever come close to coloring like she does, but when she does a clean and simple card it is always stunning.  And I really do copy her first one to get the hang of it...the thing that I have trouble with is matching or not matching pattern paper...I know some call it mish/mash or mixy/matchy...whatever...I pull paper and look at it and it doesn't do a thing for me...so here are the two cards that I used Debbie's sketch and I do like how they turned out...then I went out on my own and made a couple of others.   And it is that time of the month to send a card to my aunts, so saying Hello seems perfect for the month of June, because come July I can make it more patriotic!

I threw in a couple of Vintage Picnic just for fun...again I am using paper from my stash, which I love to do, so then I can have room to buy more!!  Hope you enjoyed the cards!  Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Linda said...

Wow, you really went to town today. Love your cards. They are all so cute. I was just wondering if I had bought that set, but it looks like I did not. Will have to put it on my wish list.

Marjan said...

I like the way they turned out too! And the birdie card below is sooo cute!!

José said...

Oh my goodness, look at all these wonderful cards! LOVE that telephone too and will play with it at some point. The basket with flowers is lovely. You have been busy girl!

Taheerah said...

Gorgeous cards Colleen! I love the ones with the phone off the hook! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some congrats, it meant the world to me!