One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Dutch Card Lovers...a card

I am not even Dutch...but I have some very good and kind blogging friends from the Netherlands and this sketch is from Cornelie, I was impressed with the sketch, with her card, with Jose's card and also Marjan...they are talented ladies and I don't compare, but it is always fun to get a reaction from them when I enter my card in one of their challenges!!  First, here is the sketch:  And go HERE and scroll down a bit to check out these awesome cards from the girls mentioned above!
As you can see, it has a lot of layers...and this does take thought, but I followed along and this is what I came up with:
 My background paper is from Memory Box:  brioche...and I used a Hero Arts Lattice background stamp over both sheets.  The butterfly die is one that Jose sent me for my birthday...love that big butterfly and all its swirls, then I die cut a smaller Butterfly Dreams die from PTI and adhered it on top...the little sentiment which says: happy SUMMER is from Friendship Jar:  Summer...So how did I do girls??                                                                                               

6 comments:

Cornelie said...

I think you did a great job! That background you created, the stamping. Nice border, and what a great butterfly!
Thanks for playing along Colleen!!

Stampidoe@gmail.com said...

A beautyful Card Colleen, Thank you for joining dcl

greets yvon

José said...

How wonderful that you managed to enter the challenge and how sweet of you to mention us :-) And don't you say you don't compare Colleen! We all have our own talents and yours most certainly is no less!
I love this paper. It is so summery and the layers of the butterfly are lovely. Glad that you like the die :-) I sure like that heart border and the stitching on it!

anja curvers said...

Wow great card Colleen love what you did with the sketch and love those butterflies and that heart border. Thank you very much for joining us at dutch card lovers and hope too see you again.

Marjan said...

I was pleasantly surprised to see that you dicided to join our challenge! Thank you and also for the kind words! The card you made with Cornelie's sketch is a real looker! Like the lattice stamp very much and the butterflie in the middle is a beautiful eyecatcher.

Margot said...

love your card! great colors! thanks for joining the dcl!