One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Monday, April 25, 2011

PTI April Blog Hop

The Blog Hop this month is to make a male type of card...birthday, father's day...whatever...just on the order of something male...meaning not too much bling or girlie bows and pink things...so I saw a "Weathered Wood Background" technique on Stamp TV and thought this would be perfect for a male card.  I used Lemon Tart paper and scored it with my score-pal every one half inch, then using two different colors of brown ink, I rub the ink over the whole sheet with the ink pad...gave it a very nice weathered kind of look...then I just added a tree and a sentiment...okay, I did add a bow, but I think that is okay...I truly think my brothers or father would not be offended to having a bow on their card.  I couldn't resist that "Little Bitty Bird" sitting on a branch.

No comments: