One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, August 16, 2018

Seize the Birthday ~ NO topping

Our challenge this time at Seize the Birthday is ANYTHING GOES
I made a totally one layer card using what I leaned from the Altenew One Layer Wonder class taught by Kelly Lavetola.  It looks like the sentiment strip is raised but it is NOT!
I will look forward to seeing your card in the gallery!
Altenew: Painted Poppy
Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

Bonnie said...

Beautiful, beautiful poppies, Col! I love them in yellow and how the sentiment strip looks raised but isn't! The Flower Challenge is asking for one layer cards this month.

Ashwini Rao said...

Such a sweet card! Love those cheerful yellow poppies!

Birgit said...

Beautiful Colleen! It really does look like the sentiment strip is raised. What a clever idea! Hope you're doing well my friend.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful one layer card. The flowers are so pretty and that sentiment panel does look like it is raised, even though it isn't. Well done.

Tracey McNeely said...

Beautiful card Colleen, I haven't had that stamp out is far too long! You did a great job of your one layer!

Lindsey said...

Wow, you're right, you would never guess just by looking at it that this is a one-layer card! Beautifully done. Hope your knee rehab is going well!

Nancy said...

SOOOOOO Fabulous! Love that you made it one layer with your little tricks you showed me! HUGS

Barbara said...

You used the flower as a background and I love how it was done. You showed me how to use my stamps in yet another way. Your pictures of your resent knee surgery are amazing, and although I am a nurse, I still want to avoid knee surgery if I can. Lol

Vicki Dutcher said...

Wow! What an awesome one layer card!! You rocked it out. Sending healing thought your way too with your knee - ouch.

Trina P. said...

Amazing one layer card, Colleen! Love the fresh yellow colour. You could enter this in this month’s The Flower Challenge. x

Lucille K said...

Lovely one-layer card. The yellow flowers are so pretty, great background you created :)