One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Friday, August 17, 2018

CAS Christmas Card August Challenge

Hi friends, can you believe we are half way through the month of August?
I am back again to inspire you to make a Clean and Simple (CAS) Christmas card for your stash!
Hideko is our host and she is asking for trees, you have until the 24th to link up your card with a tree on it!  Please head to the CAS Christmas Card Challenge and play along.
Last month for the CAS watercolour challenge we did some splash watercolouring and I saved this piece of paper and thought it looked like a beautiful winter sky!  I simply added a Penny Black tree die cut in white (that way it looks like it is covered with snow *wink).  My sentiment is from PTI Winter Hills stamp set.  My frame is MFT stitched scallop rectangle frame.

 
Friends, come join us at CAS Christmas and check out the inspiration from the DT!
Heart Hugs, friends!



15 comments:

Maria said...

Very soft and dreamy with beautiful color, Colleen! And, love the scalloped frame!

Barb Ghig said...

I agree...your background works beautifully as a winter sky! I also love how your scalloped border showcases this charming die cut tree! A lovely Christmas card, Colleen!

Thank you again for having me along as GD for the August Challenge!

Nance said...

Very pretty, love that colorful sky! Happy, speedy, painless-as-possible recovery! Hugs!

Susan said...

Beautiful tree against that lovely soft wintery sky! It really suits that scalloped and stitched frame.

Christine Alexander said...

colleen, such a beautiful colour agaist the sky. love your tree background :)

Trina P. said...

Those colours do make a beautiful winter sky, Colleen! Great job splash watercolouring. Great CAS design too. xx

Papercraft Boutique said...

Soft and pretty splash watercoloring background, Colleen! Love the colors you used! The white tree die-cut and the white scallop frame is a lovely combination. I love that you placed the panel off the center. Great design! Hideko xx

Bonnie said...

Your gorgeous background is perfect for your snowy tree, Col! Love that scalloped and stitched frame and the perfect sentiment! Fantastic, my friend!

Brenda in IN said...

I would have never thought to use lavender on a Christmas card. This is just awesome, Colleen. I love the stark white tree with that stunning background. Hope you are not overdoing it. Although I don't know how you possibly could with all you have to do all day for recovery!

Linda said...

Beautiful card with your splashed background Col.

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your background and colors are wonderful. This is a very dreamy card and I love it! Elegance to the max! I hope you are feeling better. I sent a card, hope you got it. Heart hugs! <3

Loll said...

Your splashed winter sky is gorgeous Colleen!! Love the colours ... and perfect with the sweet white tree die-cut. Love it! Hope you are doing well with your recovery, my friend! xx

Birgit said...

That ink splashed background really does make the perfect winter sky! What a lovely card my friend! (hugs)

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your splashed water colored background Colleen...SO pretty and just a perfect backdrop for that simple white die cut tree...BEAUTIFUL!! :0)

Greta said...

Oh what a neat looking card, Colleen! Love the soft colors!