One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, June 28, 2018

Mail it Monday and a Sympathy

These cards are going out in the mail for Mail it Monday in time for the 4th of July!
I have a couple of aunts who are 95 and 93 and I send them cards often, couldn't let the 4th go by without a little card telling them I am thinking of them!
 PTI: Celebrate with a Bang
Li'l Inkers Stitched Stars
MFT Peek a Boo Square window
And about 6 months ago I met a lady in an assisted living facility.  I visited her every Wednesday and brought her communion and the Word...she would have been 95 this August.
She was a sweet and wise woman, she raised 5 children by herself and served in the military too!
You have heard the saying about people coming into your life for a reason, for a season or for a lifetime?  Well, she was in my life for a very short season, but she made an impact on my life.  She was full of wisdom and listened to my story and then provided me with thoughts in dealing with family issues.  She will be missed, but I am better for having known her!
 WPlus9 Sympathy Lillies
PTI Foret Me Not (sentiment)
vellum
copics
Heart Hugs, friends!



5 comments:

Bonnie said...

I was thinking this morning that I was late to get and 4th of July cards out. What a touching story of your friend. I'm sorry for your loss and happy for how much she enriched your life!

Maria said...

Lovely festive 4th of July cards for your dear Aunts, Colleen! I'm sure they will appreciate it! And, second card is beautiful with the the pretty yellow lilies! Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend! I'm sure you were a blessing to her as much as she was to you! Hugs!

Darnell said...

Your Aunties must love you to bits, my friend! You make them feel so special by always remembering them at every holiday! And I love your very beautiful second card and a very beautiful story, Col! I, too, believe that people come into our lives for a reason and it's wonderful when we are open to it! I'm sure she was just as grateful to have known you!! Hugs, Darnell

Brenda in IN said...

Fun 4th cards for your aunts and I know they enjoy hearing from you and receiving your cards. I, too, know that people come into your lives for a reason. What a wonderful story of your assisted living home friend and a beautiful card in remembrance.

Kim Heggins said...

You are just the sweetest and I am sure your Aunt's will love your wonderful holiday cards. so beautiful. Your second card is just beautiful, just like the story that goes with it, you are amazing!