One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, March 17, 2018

Crafting with new Best Friends!

I have some cards I want to share with you that I made from supplies my friends brought for us to use at our Craft Retreat last week in Newton, Kansas.
First up is Marcia and these are just a few of the ones I have put together from products that Marcia from Marcia's Stamping Pad brought for us.
 You can't really see the background as well as you could IRL, but it has shine and sparkle to it, which is one of the nice properties of it compared to Brushos or even color Burst. but this was made using Lindy's Magical Powders and it is used just like Brushos as it too is a powder and you spritz water on it to watch the magic happen right before your eyes.  this will not be the only card I make with this, because I just kept using all 10 different powders that she brought and made backgrounds!
I didn't actually get the name of the die, but she brought it and also had some cut for us.  I am home and made a sympathy card out of it.
 Marcia again with Lawn Fawn die cuts with everything already for us to cut and assemble, I gave this to my 10 year old granddaughter when I got home, she loves it, especially the sentiment!
And last but NOT least is a background using Marcia's stencils...after sponging on DOI, we sprayed the back side of the stencil and laid it over the top of the sponged piece.  We put a paper towel on top of the stencil to help absorb any extra moisture.  We also put a little book over the top and let it sit for a few minutes.  Voila!  When you lift it up you see the stencil that was wet lift the colors from the card, this is a beautiful way to add dimension to your card without a lot of layers.  I used a die from Memory Box called Large Antilles Floral Right Corner and a sentiment from My Sentiments Exactly.

Now a couple of cards from Nancy at Artful Notions.  She too brought several products for us to try. 
One was a stamp from Concord and 9th that we all had fun with and decided we loved the Catherine Pooler Inks because it inked up so well the first time.
 The background ink is Shea Butter and I didn't use all the stamps for the individual flower pieces, I left some white. But I loved making several cards with this one stamp just switching out the colors.
the die cut and sentiment is from Hero Arts Happy Stamp Cut.
Isn't this beautiful?  I know you can see the shine on this card!  This is Finetic Pearlescent watercolors that Nancy brought and she had stamped and embossed this beautiful image on black paper and gave it to us to use with these watercolors.  I mounted it on a PTI mint card.  Once again I used an anniversary sentiment as I had some requests for those cards.
Thanks for stopping by and looking...I have more to do, but this will be it for today!
Have a great weekend!

Heart Hugs, friends!



9 comments:

Marcia Hill said...

ALL your cards turned out BEAUTIFUL Colleen!! I love seeing how we all started with the same supplies but each one comes out different! The die cut on your 1st card is from SSS and is called Cosmo Flower Frame. I love how your DOX ink and stencil card came out too...such a soft and calming background! And of course I had to order the Finetec Pearls that Nancy brought...such an elegant result you get with them! Now I just have to be patient and wait for them to arrive! Missing all of you SO much...we definitely have to get together again! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!! :0)

Sharyn Polesel said...

Your cards are all fantastic! Wow, that sounds like such a fun time. How wonderful to try new products and techniques in the company of such talented women. Hope you are enjoying your weekend. We are off to our daughters for dinner today. Take care, sweet friend.

Brenda in IN said...

I am in awe of these cards Colleen. I'm not sure I would have gotten anything done except talk! Everyone of these are great. I love the bunnies and I can see why your granddaughter did too. I must try that technique of spraying the back of the stencil. That card really caught my eye. It made a soft background.

Patti said...

Beautiful Colleen! I am so impressed with each and every one of you!! Marcia is one of my favorite enablers! giggles I might need to buy that Cosmo Flower Frame! your back ground highlights it stunningly! : )

Patti

Maria said...

Oh, my! All such gorgeous cards, Colleen! Would love to try the technique on the last card with the pearlescent water colors! I’ m sure it’s very lovely in real life! Putting it on my wish list! Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Kara Lynne said...

Each of your projects puts a smile on my face as I remember doing each one! You finished off your cards beautifully with perfect sentiments and details. I, too, wish we lived closer. You have such a giving heart and such wisdom. I wish we could have the conversations like we did on Sunday all the time!

lexi said...

great cards - meeting up with crafty friends is the best!!

Vikki H said...

Your designs are lovely and what a fun time for you all! The posts from your group encourage my growing wishlist. This past Wednesday Greta and I met for the first time for lunch and it was delightful.

Loll said...

Gorgeous cards Colleen. What a fantastic time with all the girls. So special that you each took projects and products to try out. xx