One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, June 10, 2017

CAS Watercolour JUNE Challenge & The Flower Challenge #9

And nothing says summer to me more than beautiful sunflowers!
I actually gold embossed the flowers and leaves and then used my zigs to watercolor them with yellow and oranges.  My sentiment is from PTI Quilted: Summer which I thought was very appropriate for this challenge.
The flowers are from Lawn Fawn: Our Friendship Grows
 
I was thinking of using the blue zig to color around the flowers, but I chickened out!
I am also entering this card in a new to me challenge called The Flower Challenge!
That is right up my alley because I LOVE making flower cards!
Happy weekend friends!
Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

nancy littrell said...

Such a sunny and beautiful sunflower design, Colleen. TFS and joining us at CAS Watercolour. Hugs..

Loll said...

Your sunflowers are so bright and cheerful, Colleen. The perfect summer flower! Great watercolouring with your zigs. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour! xx

Brenda in IN said...

What a happy card. It's like a great big smile and I love it.

Linda said...

Love this bright, lovely card Col. This is the second card with these fun little sunflowers that I have seen. I need to get mine out and make something. Great inspiration.

Nancy said...

This is so pretty Colleen! I never think to heat emboss with other colors besides white before coloring an image! Thanks for the inspiration and your card does scream summer!

Maria said...

Beautiful water colored card with the sunflowers! Your lovely card will surely brighten the recipient's day!!

Bonnie said...

What a happy, sunny card, Colleen! Love those yellow flowers! Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Watercolour!

Birgit said...

This is so bright and cheerful Colleen! I love it! I have everything I need to CAS it too, if you don't mind. I can never get enough of sunflowers.

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful Colleen...love your bright and beautiful flowers!

Cara said...

Such a bright and cheerful card. Thanks for joining us at The Flower Challenge. Cara DT x