One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Saturday, June 24, 2017

A special BIRTHDAY card for a special friend

TODAY is my BFF's birthday and this is the card I made for her!  
We have been friends for 60 years!!  Yeah, we were babies when we met (NOT!)
LOL
We went to grade school together and she lived at the top of my road, so we always walked home from school together...did I tell you she is my "older BFF" (by 8 months, tee hee!)
You all know who she is, Linda from Lin's Craft Corner
Here is a picture of her and me this last weekend at her son's wedding in Tacoma, WA.
If you know her, I hope you will stop by and give her a shout out today.
I am really blessed that we have remained friends for this many years, especially since I moved away from the Seattle area when I was 16;  we kept up the friendship from a distance!
And how lucky are we to both love stamping!  We see each other usually two times a year, sometimes three!  She will come down here to Oregon to visit me when the SAF is going on...we went to the very first one in Cincinatti and have been hooked ever since and we always play together and have so much fun during that time!
So Happy Happy Birthday dear friend!
Hope you get to be QUEEN for at least the day, if not the week!!
This is what I used to make this card:
PTI Mix Mat:  flourish Die
PTI: Some Like it Hot (hibiscus flower)
MFT: Tropical Sensations (leaves)
Hero Arts:  Happy die
PTI: Phrase Play 5 (birthday)
PTI: Friends til the End (friend)
Oh and I tried Jennifer McGuire's technique of spritzing the paper and wrinkling it all up (several times), then laying it flat again for a bit of texture! I also roughed up the edges with my fingernail!
Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!
I am hosting a graduation party on Sunday for my grandson who just completed high school. 
I will be busy preparing food! And it is supposed to reach 101 on Sunday!!
 
Heart Hugs, friends!



8 comments:

Birgit said...

What a sweet card for a sweet lady! What a special gift your friendship is to each other. Popping over there now to wish Linda a happy birthday. <3

Brenda in IN said...

The card for Linda is beautiful but what is more beautiful is the friendship. It's wonderful you have kept in touch and go back and forth to visit. That is a great picture of the two of you. What a lovely true, loyal friendship you have and it is precious.

Greta said...

A beautiful card for Linda, Colleen--love those dies used all together, which I haven't tried yet! Great picture of the 2 of you--the wedding must have been a lot of fun! Maybe there will at least be a bit of a breeze tomorrow--this is just too hot!

Linda said...

Thank you my friend. What a beautiful card but most of all, I cherish our friendship. Love you and was so glad you were able to share Brad's wedding with me.

Maria said...

What a lovely birthday card for your friend, how special! Such a pretty frame dIe and flower! Awesome photo of you two! Congrats to your grandson graduating! Have fun and please don't send the hot weather this way.

Kim Heggins said...

Love your sweet photo with Lin, you two look so beautiful. Your birthday card is as sweet as can be.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful card Colleen...Lin will love it! Love the photo of you two too! Good luck with the graduation party and the heat...nice and cool here! :0)

Nancy said...

You are both very lucky to have each other! Fabulous photo too! I am sure she loved your card!