One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, May 25, 2017

Seize the Birthday with something sweet!

Does this cake look sweet enough for ya'll?  A sweet friend, Birgit, sent me a lovely birthday card and inside was this stamped image!  I do believe it is a Concord and 9th stamp called Happy Day!  Oh I was so happy to see this in the card and knew it would come in handy for an STB card!  And sure enough today is the day!  I had colored it up with my prisma pencils and do you see the shiny layer of icing oozing out the sides?  That is glossy accents!
My sentiment is from a PTI set called Just Desserts and I curved the sentiment to match the plate the cake is sitting on!  Just a fun little twist to the normal straight stamped sentiment!
 
So are you ready to get your birthday card made and enter it here at Seize the Birthday?
Please join us, we look forward to seeing your birthday card in the gallery!!

Heart Hugs, friends!



10 comments:

Maria said...

Beautiful cake colored so pretty! And, the sentiment is perfect! Great card, Colleen!

Linda said...

Pretty cake, Col. Great coloring.

Darnell said...

Yes, that's where it's from and it's one of my fave stamp and die sets! I love how you've colored and showcased it, Col!! Hugs, Darnell

Marcia Hill said...

Oooooh, I love that cake image! Maybe Birgit will send me one to color... You colored it beautifully Colleen...puts my 9 x 13 pan cakes to shame! Lovely, lovely card!! :0)

Birgit said...

What a sweet card from a SWEET LADY for a sweet challenge! I love the GA on the frosting and your coloring is fabulous!

Nancy said...

Love this stamp too and your circular sentiment! Hope you are out enjoying your sunny weather and it's not too hot! Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Its perfect and perfectly sweet!! I am loving that frosting! Wow, such a wonderful card, Colleen!!
xx Ashwini

Bonnie said...

I want to swipe my finger in that icing, Colleen! A very pretty birthday cake!

JoAnn said...

Such a pretty cake. Love your coloring and the glossy accents on that icing.

Glenda J said...

Your colouring is fantastic! Such a bright and cheerful card.