One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, April 27, 2017

Seize the Birthday ~ NO Topping!

Hi Friends!  Today we have NO topping, You can make ANY kind of birthday card.
I pulled out Avery Elle Party Animal...which is just a small little stamp with this one little balloon animal image.  I stamped it in white pigment ink on my black card stock, then used my prisma colored pencils to color on top of the white ink. I think it turned out really fun with lots of bright colors.
I hope you will join us and play along with Seize the Birthday!
Heart Hugs, friends!



11 comments:

JoAnn said...

Love your fun animal balloon card and how you stamped and colored it on the black paper.

Marcia Hill said...

This is SO doggone (sorry, couldn't resist!!) cute Colleen! I've never seen that stamp before but absolutely LOVE it! And your colors look amazing on the black!! Love everything about this cute, cute card my friend!! :0)

Loll said...

This is really fun, Colleen!! Adorable card! xx

Anonymous said...

Such a cute stamp, and a perfectly matching cute card, Colleen! You know, I've been meaning to use this technique, its so simple to use, but somehow I haven't.. and your card just reminded me of how great it can turn out!
xx Ashwini

Brenda in IN said...

What a fun card this is. I love the coloring on black. It really makes an impact. That is a cute stamp for birthday cards. Have a lovely weekend.

Glenda J said...

This is so cute! Great colours and love how you repeated the sentiment.

Patti said...

Hi Colleen,

This is a sweet card! I love the technique of colored balloons on black cs colored with your pencils! Super bright and happy!! : )

Have a great weekend.

Patti

Nancy said...

This is one of those go to stamps that would never get old! I love it and your card Colleen! The dimension you achieved on that black background is sensational! One of my favs of yours for sure! Have a great day!

Greta said...

This is just so cute, Colleen! I really love your coloring over the white ink!

stampwithsandy said...

Super cute balloon animals, Colleen! I've never tried your coloring on black technique but you've inspired me to do so!

Barbara said...

I have this stamp set and your have inspired me to use it in this way. What a fun card and technique.