One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, March 16, 2017

CAS Mix Up March Challenge

CAS Mix Up March Challenge is celebrating 1 Year Old!!
Congratulations, Loll and Bonnie!
You have two very awesome challenges that I love to play along with!
I smooshed some distress inks and I love how the colors turned out.  Sure reminds me of spring and lovely pastel Easter eggs!
I die cut a Hero Arts Delicate fancy butterfly and kept it white.
I white embossed the spring greeting twice because it wasn't too white the first time (thank goodness for the Misti, and thank goodness I didn't pull off the stamp, clean it and put it right away!...Yeah I am known to do just that and it sure irritates me sometimes!! LOL!)
This is a bar 4 card and I used PTI Noted Scallop Square for the card base!

Stamping + Smooshing + Die cuts

Heart Hugs, friends!


9 comments:

Linda said...

Beautiful card friend. Love that butterfly.

Marcia Hill said...

LOVE your background Colleen, and it does make me think Easter! Your white butterfly makes the perfect addition to this CAS card! :0)

nancy littrell said...

Your smooshed background is so beautiful Colleen. I love all your different colors and pretty die cut border and butterfly. TFS my friend. Hugs..

Lynda said...

Lovely background, and the simple white butterfly is perfect

Loll said...

LOVE the pastel colours of your smooshed background, Colleen. It does remind me of the colours of decorated Easter eggs! Love the addition of the white framing and intricate white butterfly. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up ... would also work for the CAS Watercolour challenge if you want to join us there too!! xx

Bonnie said...

This smooshed background is all about spring, Colleen! How pretty! Thanks for sharing with us again at CAS Mix Up!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful scallop edge card base for your beautiful smooshed panel and overlayed die cut butterfly! Thanks for joining us in the CAS Mix Up challenge Colleen! Julia xx

Jo said...

Truly a beauty, spring has sprung with those gorgeous smooshed colours.
Thanks for joining us at CAS Mix Up!

Darnell said...

I missed this gorgeous creation somehow, Col, until I just saw it deservedly recognized over at CAS Mix-Up! Well done!! Hugs, Darnell