One seed can start a garden, one candle can light a room, one step can begin a journey, one conversation can start a friendship, one smile from a handmade card can lift one's SPIRIT!

Thursday, February 16, 2017

Seize the Birthday ~ Inlay die cuts

At Seize the Birthday Challenge we are looking for inlay die cuts on your BIRTHDAY card as our topping this time.
I die cut the Altenew: Best Mom flower three times, the top layer was cut from watercolor paper and colored with my Zigs.  I layered the die cuts to get a raised effect.  Before placing my die cut back into position I used black and pink zig ink and splattered the card with a brush.  I also used some white acrylic paint, although it isn't showing up very well in the photo.  My sentiment is from PTI Bold Blossoms, I stamped it with Verafine and then embossed with clear embossing powder.
I hope you will join us and make a card using inlay die cuts, if you prefer not to use the topping you may make any kind of birthday card.  Please check out the inspiration from the rest of the design team!
Heart Hugs, friends!



12 comments:

Glenda J said...

Absolutely gorgeous Colleen! So bright and cheerful - love it.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful. Love the splatter background for the pretty flower diecut.

Maria said...

Lovely color on the beautiful flowers! Wonderful background, too!

Loll said...

This is STUNNING!! Gorgeous watercolour Colleen. And love the inlaid die-cutting with pop up. The splatters are the perfect finishing touch. xx

Kim Heggins said...

Just beautiful...your flowers are stunning! They almost look real.

Marcia Hill said...

Beautiful, beautiful card Colleen! I just got this stamp set for my birthday and can't wait to play with it! Your coloring on this card is FABULOUS!! :0)

Nancy said...

Sensational card Colleen! The splatters are perfect too!

stampwithsandy said...

So pretty, Colleen! I love Altenew florals!

Greta said...

Gorgeous flower & gorgeous coloring--love this card, Colleen!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So pretty!

Susi said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the delicate ink splatters that compliment your floral image beautifully!

TaeEun said...

I love that stamp! You colored it beautifully! And the splatters give your card an artistic look!